Torx screws are standard in commercial and military settings, but many gunsmiths are not familiar with the screwdrivers. Find out what the top-rated affordable sets are on the market today.
Table of Contents:
Best Torx Sets for Guns - What you need to know
Torx is a trademark name for a type of screwdriver that is characterized by its star-shaped pattern.
Find out what else you need to know about the best Torx sets on the market today.
Torx key sets are an excellent choice for gunsmiths to keep in their toolkits as well as gun owners to have for regular cleaning and maintenance.
You need to know a few things before purchasing a Torx set for your firearms.
- First, be aware of the size of the screws that use the Torx heads. Some heads are too small for your needs, so be sure to check before you start purchasing.
- Second, check for grip handles to ensure comfort and control for use.
- Finally, ensure the quality of the build materials it's made out of.
Best Torx Sets for Guns - Key benefits
There are several benefits to doing some research before purchasing the best torx set for firearms maintenance. Here's what we know:
A valuable Torx set should have the appropriate sizes, ergonomic handling, and quality build material to last you years.
Different sets will also emboss numbers on them, corresponding to a specific size range. This can help organize as time goes by and parts get lost.
Best Torx Sets for Guns - Worth the price tag
Here are our favorite Torx screwdriver sets that we currently recommend:
Amartisan 12-Piece Magnetic Torx Screwdrivers Set:
- SIZING: This set has the necessary sizing for most needs for firearms maintenance such as - T5 x2-1/2", T6 x2-1/2", T7 x 2-1/2", T8 x 2-1/2", T9 x 2-1/2", T10 x 2-1/2", T15 x 4", T20 x 4", T25 x 4", T27 x 4", T30 x 4", T40 x 5"
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Cushion grip handle for comfort and control, along with ergonomic TPR handle and button on it, which helps provide a smooth and easy use.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Chrome vanadium steel with heat treatment, high hardness and good toughness and resistance, along with a black finish blade with magnetic tips which could conveniently attracts loose screws.
Feel free to find out more information below on Amazon:
Wiha 12-Piece T5-T40 Torx Driver Set:
- SIZING: This set has the necessary sizing for most needs for firearms maintenance such as - T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15, T20, T25, T27, T30, T40.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Cushion grip, SoftFinish® handle.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Round blade high alloy chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, hardened, hard chromed. Wiha chrometop finish on tips.
Best Torx Sets For Guns - More tools you might need
When it comes to keeping your firearms in proper condition, having the right tools is critical for maintenance.
But which tools are necessary for guns and which ones are overkill?
Allen Company Universal Gun Cleaning Kit, 65-Pieces Set for Handgun, Rifles and Shotguns:
- SIZING/COMPATIBILITY: Includes components for standard rifles/pistol calibers plus 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and .410 bore shotguns.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS/TOOLS: Components include bronze brushes, brass jags, cotton swabs, brass slotted tips, brass adapters, muzzle guards, cleaning rods, pick, cleaning brushes, and cotton patches.
- DURABILITY: Quality tested and ensured for maximum durability according to their website.
Best Torx Sets for Guns - Conclusion
If you're a firearms enthusiast and feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of screws and bolts out there, don't worry.
- First and foremost, make sure that you have a clear picture of what type of torque setting you need. This can be determined by measuring the looseness of the bolt before applying pressure or by checking the specs on the screwdriver you're using.
- Secondly, always try to buy sets that come with a wide variety of sizes so that you're sure to have something to work with. Often one manufacturer will only offer sets in specific sizes, so it's best to err on caution and buy a set that covers as many bases as possible.
- Finally, keep in mind that not all Torx sets are created equal. Some might be cheaper but not as durable or practical as others. So make sure to read reviews and compare prices before making your purchase.
We hope that this article helped you find your next set for your firearms maintenance!