Mossberg 702 Plinkster Upgrades - Complete Guide
Mossberg 702 plinkster upgrades are becoming popular for self-defense. Many Mossberg upgrades can be performed to enhance your gun's handling.
Table of Contents:
With a Mossberg plinkster, you can install a bore scope, laser aiming devices, and better grips or grips that offer better camouflage and higher stability. Review this article for more information about what Mossberg upgrades you can make to enhance your gun!
Mossberg 702 Plinkster Upgrades - Specs
The Mossberg 702 Plinkster is a popular choice for many shooters because of its affordable price and accurate shooting. This rifle is chambered in .22LR and has a 10-round magazine.
The Plinkster has a synthetic stock and an 18" barrel. It also has adjustable open sights. The rifle's overall length is 36" and it weighs 4.75 pounds.
The Plinkster is a great choice for plinking or small game hunting. With a few upgrades, it can also be used for target shooting or competition shooting.
Here are some of the best upgrades for the Mossberg 702 Plinkster:
- A better trigger - A good trigger can make a big difference in accuracy. Aftermarket triggers designed for the Plinkster can give you a smoother, lighter trigger pull that will help you shoot more accurately.
- A better stock - The factory stock on the Plinkster is functional, but it's not very comfortable. There are aftermarket stocks available that will make the rifle more comfortable to shoot and will also help to improve accuracy.
- A better scope - The factory sights could definitely be improved if you choose other iron sights or opt to go for a scope in the aftermarket.
Mossberg 702 Plinkster Upgrades - More upgrades
There are a few different ways to upgrade your Mossberg 702 Plinkster. Here are a few of the best upgrades that you can make:
- Add a better trigger. One of the most popular upgrades for the Plinkster is to add a better trigger. This will help to improve your accuracy and make it easier to shoot more consistently.
- Add a scope. Another popular upgrade is to add a scope to your rifle. This will help you be more accurate when shooting at longer ranges.
- Get a better stock. A better stock will help improve the stability of your rifle and make it more comfortable to shoot.
- Add better sights. Better sights will help you see your target more clearly and make it easier to hit your mark.
- Upgrade your barrel. A better barrel will help improve the accuracy of your rifle and give you better performance overall.
Mossberg 702 Plinkster Upgrades - Triggers?
There are a few different triggers for the Plinkster, each serving another purpose.
- One type of trigger is the Target Trigger. This trigger is designed for increased accuracy when shooting at targets. It has a very light pull, making it easy to shoot accurately.
- Another type of trigger is the Tactical Trigger. This trigger is designed for use in tactical situations. It has a heavier pull, making it more challenging to shoot accurately. However, it is less likely to discharge if the gun is dropped or bumped accidentally.
- The third type of trigger is the Hunting Trigger. This trigger is designed for use when hunting. It has a heavy pull, making it more challenging to shoot accurately. However, it ensures that the gun will only fire when the shooter intends to fire it.
Each of these triggers serves a different purpose. The best motivation will depend on what you plan to use the gun for.
Mossberg 702 Plinkster Upgrades - Striker vs. Hammer
The Striker vs. Hammer debate has been a long and contentious, with many people arguing that one is better than the other. So, what's the difference?
A striker-fired system uses a firing pin to strike the cartridge's primer, while a hammer-fired system uses a hammer to strike the firing pin, which then hits the primer.
Many people argue that striker-fired systems are more accurate because there is no movement of the hammer before firing, which can potentially throw off your aim. Other people say that hammer-fired systems are more reliable because there is less chance of a misfire.
So, which is best? The truth is, it depends on your personal preferences. If you want a more accurate shot, go with a striker-fired system. If you want a less likely system to misfire, go with a hammer-fired system.
Mossberg 702 Plinkster Upgrades - Magazines
Mossberg offers a variety of different magazine options for their 300 series shotguns. The most popular choice is the 10-round magazine.
This magazine is made from high-quality materials, and it is designed to provide a smooth, reliable feeding experience.
The 10-round magazine is perfect for plinking and target practice. It is also an excellent option for home defense.
Mossberg also offers a 20-round magazine for their 300 series shotguns if you look for a higher-capacity magazine. This magazine is also made from high-quality materials, and it provides a smooth, reliable feeding experience.
The 20-round magazine is excellent for plinking, target practice, and home defense. It is also a good option for competition shooting.
Mossberg also offers a variety of other magazines for their 300 series shotgun, including a 5-round magazine and a 9-round magazine. These magazines are not as popular as the 10-round and 20-round magazines, but they are still great options if you are looking for a specific capacity.